Sunday, December 27, 2009

Take a walk all by yourself someday On those lanes where we played jumped around bruised ourselves laughed out like drunkards Close you eyes, carefully listen as you may Hear those laughs, delighted screams as if those four are standing at a distance of a few yards


that's something written by my dear friend Aruna.....Oh, those days!!!.....I'm sure everyone has had his/her days of gay abandon, but I would like to think that the time I had with my 3 best friends is the best anyone could ever have......

Aruna, Soumya, Harini and me.......DASH.....they came into my life after a particularly difficult year in school....and I would go through another 10 such years to have that time come back again....

Harini, my darling, I've known her since we were toddlers.....but still we never came as close as we came when the other two entered our lives....I've never told her directly but she's my angel, someone I always felt protective about......I still laugh out loud when I think about her train going through the graveyard(LOLzzzzzzzzzzz)....her mom's delicious sambar, and ragda pattice and those projects at her place(that finally her dad ended up making), her clothes i borrowed and still borrow,those "missions" we planned, the family photo she drew.......oh, so many memories.....




Soms, one of the strongest people I've met.....so down to earth.....Soms I wanna tell u that u inspire me and I know you won't believe me.....I miss your minute idlis, I miss the time at your place last diwali....The first person I met who likes history....I still remember how she answered all the rapid fire questions in the quiz and thought it was no big deal( how many people know which two countries the dead sea lies between!!!!)....Wen we meet. which is quite rare these days, we talk about everything under the sun..infact about everything under above and beside the sun!!!!....

Aru, I've actually seen this girl grow up in front of my eyes...am so proud of what she is now..... her weird dances, and her room filled with all sorts of personalized paraphernalia....we meeting late into the nite cuz she was feelin low.....our photo where shez standin behind me like my gaurdian angel....she always made me feel loved when I was totally disillusioned.....my pillar of strength


.....Christmas, a day to love a little more, a day to forgive, a day to remember all those moments am grateful for...

and the first people who come to my mind are my 3 friends......I know God loves me cuz I have them in my life.......there are these times in college when I want to be with no one except them, when my eyes fill with tears seeing people bitch about others cuz I jus can't stand all the negativity, cuz the 4 of us never did that....I keep wondering where all the love has gone, I keep wondering if others were not lucky enough to get friends like I did and I realise that I am the one whose been blessed......There are times when I am surrounded by so many people yet i feel so alone...

there are times when I can hear soms and aru singing those weird songs in my head when a lecture is going on and I have a smile on my face and tears in my eyes....When the result for any test comes out, I go back to the day when our 10 std results were out and the four of us were jumping and screaming in the middle of the road.......there are times when am walking alone and I see a familiar place where we had spent countless moments laughing, talking and doing nothing, never realising how these very moments would become the most precious of our lives...

I love you guys......and I miss all of you so much.....so much.....
A lotta people have given a lot of definitions to friendship....

but for me the definition of friendship is DASH....

4 comments:

  1. we should go hiking again... or have another niteover! and i had to look up paraphernalia on wikipedia! take care... you know we all feel the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can just say i miss the all the school stuff n i can never find a group like that again for sure...luv u..!!
    Soms

    ReplyDelete
  3. and i thought i hadn't read this post! so i read all over again. some place we have all been to. some place we all crave to go back to but it falls way back in time instead of falling under some tangible jurisdiction in this city. time.

    ReplyDelete